One of my all time favourite meals to eat is (what I call) Summer Eggs.
It is so quick & easy to cook & so easy to adapt to what you have in the fridge.
I cooked a new variation the other night & thought I would share it with you.
Salt & Pepper (& any herbs you like)
• Add oil to a frying pan & mix in all your chopped veg & bacon lardons.
Add some salt & pepper to season & any additional herbs you may have.
• Cook the veg for a few minutes until they start to become tender.
• Make a hole in the centre of the veg & crack in your eggs. (When I make this for myself I normally have two.)
• Cover the pan with a lid or foil & cook for 3 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking.
• Serve (I like to serve in a bowl & mash up the eggs a little but B prefers it all on a plate as is.)
The great thing about this recipe is you can basically put in what you want. I normally don’t have bacon lardons but fancied a change so gave it ago.
Have fun experimenting!
Veg & Lardons
Add the eggs
Cooking: Summer Eggs
One of my all time favourite meals to eat is (what I call) Summer Eggs. It is so quick & easy to cook & so easy to adapt to what you have in the fridge.